Here at The ALIVE Academy we believe Intermittent Fasting (IF) is something that we should be doing monthly, even for just 24 hours. Intermittent Fasting is an ancient practice that produces a multitude of benefits for Anti-Aging, Weight Loss and Overall Health.Intermittent Fasting:
- Reduces blood glucose and insulin levels – Modern science has long known that physical exercise increases insulin action, but recent research is finding that IF combined with exercise increases insulin sensitivity almost seven times! (Dela, 1996; Halber, et al., 2005)
- Increases Fatty Acid Oxidation – Adipose or fatty tissue responds to IF much more dramatically than lean body tissue. In fact, the energy stores in skeletal muscle were hardly affected at all by fasting while adipose tissue responded to the changes in the energy balance with higher concentrations of fat burning hormones. (Halber, et al., 2005; Stewart, Fleming & Robertson, 1965)
- Rejuvenates Lean Muscle Mass – IF combined with exercise has shown increase in lean body tissue with alternating periods of short, intense exercise and recovery/feeding periods. (Sakamoto & Grunewald, 1986)
- Lowers Inflammation – studies have reported anti-inflammatory properties increased with IF. (Ahmet, et al., 2005; Sohal &Weinruch, 1996; Chandrasekar, et al., 2001)
- Lowers Blood Pressure and Reduces Risk of Cardiovascular Disease – IF improves the production of blood serum HDL and other blood chemicals in the body that prevent hypertension and risk factors for heart disease (Tikoo, et al., 2007; Askungar, et al. 2005; Mattson & Wan, 2005; Ahmet, et al., 2005; Caviezel, et al., 1986; Stewart, 2002; Hughes, et al., 1984; Fontana, et al., 2004; Walford, Harris & Gunion, 1992)
- Reduces Oxidative Stress – The body has an amazing ability to naturally regulate oxidative stress without having to use supplemental antioxidants. IF causes acute oxidative stress that is actually beneficial to the muscles and the body produces chemicals necessary to compensate. (Tapia, 2005; Ahmet, et al., 2005; Sohal &Weinruch, 1996; Chandrasekar, et al., 2001; Wan, Camandola & Mattson, 2003)
- Protects Healthy Kidney Function – IF promotes the healthy production of factors in the body that protect the kidneys and resist damage. (Tikoo, et al., 2007; Fernandes, et al., 1978)
- Resists Cancer Formation – restriction of calories, such as IF, have even been shown to resist abnormal growth or formation of cancer cells (Blackwell, et al., 1995; Mukherjee, et al., 2002; Varaday & Hellerstein, 2007; Descamps, et al., 2005; Rocha, et al., 2002; Siegel, et al., 1988)
- Increases Protection Against Neuro-Degeneration – IF protects the neurons in the brain against genetic and environmental factors to which they would otherwise succumb during aging! IF increase the production of proteins, enzymes, and other factors that help the brain cells cope with stress and resist disease. (Martin, Mattson,& Maudsley, 2006; Halagappa, et al., 2006; Mattson & Wan, 2005; Bruce-Keller, et al., 1999; Yu & Mattson, 1999; Duan, Guo & Mattson, 2001; Lee, et al., 2006; Anson, et al., 2003)
- Increases Life Span – studies have shown that restricted food intake similar to IF results in decreased aging and increase in the expected life span. (Ahmet, et al., 2005; Masoro, 2000; Weinruch & Sohal, 1997; Sohal & Weinruch, 1996; Goodrick, et al., 1983; Goodrick, et al., 1982; Ingram & Reynolds, 1987)
Intermittent Fasting and Epigenetics:
Intermittent fasting acts to turn on certain genetic repair mechanisms that enhance cellular rejuvenation. This adaptation appears to allow certain cells to have a longer lifespan during times of famine. Energetically it is easier to repair a cell than it is to divide and create new cells.
These genetic repair mechanisms are turned on through the release of human growth hormone (HGH). HGH is known to create physiological changes in metabolism to favor fat burning and protein sparing. The proteins and amino acids are utilized to repair tissue collagen which improves the functionality and strength of muscles, tendons, ligaments, and bones. HGH also improves skin function, reduces wrinkles & heals cuts and burns faster, helps release body fat, build lean muscle mass, reverse the signs of aging & much more! HGH is focused on tissue repair, ATP efficiency and anti-inflammatory immune activity.
Researchers at the Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute found that men, who had fasted for 24 hours, had a 2000% increase in circulatingHGH. Women who were tested had a 1300% increase in HGH. The researchers found that the fasting individuals had significantly reduced their triglycerides, boosted their HDL cholesterol and stabilized their blood sugar.
Intermittent fasting is one of the most powerful tools for reducing inflammation, boosting immunity, enhancing tissue healing and resetting cellular receptors. At The ALIVE Academy, we utilize Intermittent Fasting through the SueroCleanse or better known as Hippocrates (The Father of Medicine) ancient remedy: Cultured Whey Water. The SueroCleanse resets your hormone receptors and communicators while cleansing the body on the cellular level, replenishing the gut with large amounts of Probiotics and live cultures. The SueroCleanse also optimizes our Sodium/Potassium pump which alone has a host of benefits. The ability to cleanse on the cellular level while healing the gut and upping your production of HGH means that you will start to shed body fat, boost your metabolism, balance your brain while creating life extension within your body. Feel free to order your own SueroCleanse and start your 3 day intermittent fast by ordering here. Or give our center a call to set up your initital consultation, Biofeedback Scan & Report of Findings to go even deeper into your brain, body and cells!